Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I'm bringing phyzix back...


I've been given the task of redesigning my organization's logo. I work at AAPT (American Association of Physics Teachers), which is a nonprofit promoting physics education. The image to the left is our current logo. If you can see all the letters, congratulate yourself on being one of the few. The criteria for the new logo includes legibility, attractiveness, conjures movement, and easily recognizable. I tried incorporating all these concepts, and at the same time come up with an image of a P integrated with a T, to symbolize the relationship between physics and teaching. I hope that it is successful in meeting all the criteria. I've gotten feedback from my coworkers and executive officer, but would love to hear what my fellow designers and writers think about it.

2 comments:

Tara said...

i like the new sense of movement you've introduced with your new logo. Excellent work!

Stephen said...

Looks good, Ayah!

I wonder how it would look if the "symbol" was shifted to the right, so it wraps around the P and T. It might strengthen the relationship between the letters, and make the logo a little less symmetrical overall, adding even more energy.